Making friends worldwide, one song at a time
These are sample videos of my different styles of music on assorted instruments in a variety of locations and venues.
1. “Lonesome in the saddle” - I wrote it at Jack’s ranch in the mid 1990’s
2. “Lady be good to me” - with Lee Dunham at Christian Soltendieck’s studio
3. “Sweet Georgia Brown” - March 2019 with Patty Todd in Guatemala
4- Freight Train Blues in San Carlos, Mexico
5. “Got the morning blues” - at Tim Noah’s Thumbnail Theater. Snohomish , WA
6. “Hey good lookin” - with the Fishpickers at the Sublime Bar in San Pedro, Guatelmala
7. “Blues my naughty sweetie gives to me” - bonfire with Patty Todd at our house in Tucson
8. “Stay all night” - another bonfire Mark Carroll, George Farrell & Patty Todd
9. “Setting the Woods on Fire” - Musician's jam, Restaurant de Maria en la Playa, San Patricio, Mexico
10. “Mama don’t allow” - at the dog rescue benefit, “Bummer’s Ball” in San Francisco with “Union Bugs”
In October, 2018 while attending “Hardly Strictly Bluegrass” in San Francisco, I was invited by Margaret Cooley to sit in with the “Union Bugs” at Bummer’s Ball, a rescue benefit in an intimate setting. I love dogs and I love spontaneous, serendipitous events. It was an incredible evening for a wonderful cause and I got to see and hear two of my favorites: Sarah Jarosz and Emmylou Harris.
Photo by Maarten van den Heuvel on Unsplash